Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent

VIEW TODAY'S READINGS

A theme I discovered while reading today’s readings is Faith. From the Responsorial Psalm and what Moses said in the first reading, we are called to prayer when things in life get difficult. When I think of Lent, I think of a time to reflect and examine our intentions for our fasts.  Lent is not only a time of reflection but also a time to let our worries be heard by the I AM. 

 

I also found how Jesus in the Gospel speaks to the Pharisees about how he is not for this world and is from what is above. I feel that this can also fog ones faith in something that can not be seen. However, with faith, we can truly offer up our struggles to the I AM in the form of prayer. That is what I like about Lent. Even in times of struggle, Lent reminds us that our worries are not carried by our own shoulders when we have faith in the I AM.

Dillon D'Andrea, SFC '22


"Shoulders" | for KING & COUNTRY

I look up to the mountains;
    does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
    who made heaven, and earth, and the mountains.

Psalm 121:1-2

Comments

Popular Posts