Wednesday of the Second Week of Lent

VIEW TODAY'S READINGS

I really enjoy listening to the song "Heart Like Heaven" by Hillsong United. 

   

For me, this song glorifies God and is very authentic with Biblical references. The use of piano, acoustic guitar, flutes, drums, etc. on this song as well as other songs on the album, like “Touch the Sky” and “Here Now”, speaks light, love, and truth in my heart. Everything is genuine and glorifying to God, and all the songs carry through with beautiful melodies and Biblical themes and harmonic orchestrations that are often so heartfelt it strikes many emotions. 

  

This song reflects passages in the Bible, and the two-time Billboard Music award winners passionately sing about the power of God and how His words alone were able to develop the beautiful but fallen world we live in. “Heart Like Heaven” embodies the Christian faith principle of surrendering our hearts to God to live our lives through Him and nobody else. The incorporation of the message “falling to my knees”, a prayer position, further depicts the ideal of giving our hearts to God as well as repenting. I felt the Holy Spirit fill my heart with abundant blessings and gratitude often while listening to this song, as I bring any sin to the cross. 

  

The lyrics reminded me of the Franciscan Pilgrimage I experienced while working at St. Francis College. I particularly think of my time spent in the day of solitude where I focused on praying, reflecting, processing, silencing, being still and learning. While listening to the many powerful and captivating songs in this album, the verse 1 Peter 4:16 came to mind: “Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed,  but let him glorify God in that name”. The soulful tone in this beautiful song carries heartfelt emotions and is unlike most Sunday Morning sing-alongs. I really enjoy a quiet and blissful singing along in my car now that I drive again! I relish the Christian passages and ideals, and the delicate background instrumentals and vocals that encourage me to stay motivated by a goal to praise God and thank him for his grace, redemption, and mercy despite any internal or external circumstances around us.


Naomi Kinley

Director, Career Services

University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences


Comments

Popular Posts