Wednesday of the Second Week of Advent

| CLICK TO VIEW TODAY'S READINGS

Jesus said to the crowds:

“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30

“How do we have real rest in our soul?

As we reach the 9th month of the pandemic we may find ourselves questioning and seeking. When all along we need to pray and seek the blessing of Jesus Christ. It is in his ask to trust him that we find hope and comfort that he will get us thru our anxieties and fears. It is in his love we feel his humble heart and embrace. He protects us and lightens our burdens.

Today’s gospel reminds us that God is always here to love us unconditionally.  That it never changes.  He invites us to learn from him to feel his love and to trust that he is always in control of our lives.  When we believe and submit ourselves completely to God’s will then you will find rest in his arms.

Today let’s trust God and allow him to take on our burdens which can be done when we completely allow ourselves to rest in his arms through prayer, love and gratitude.

Thank you Jesus for taking the burdens away from me and in turn you fill my heart with love, peace and goodness.”

During advent as we await for the coming of Jesus we are reminded today the strength of faith and in the strength of believing in Jesus Christ. It is in hopethat we fully trust God’s love for us. He asks us to trust him. To follow him and in doing so he will forever protect us and give us eternal life.

Irma Garcia
Assistant Vice President
Director of Athletics


Comments

Popular Posts